20 x Woven heavy duty white polypropylene Sandbags filled with mineral sand topsoil. Use them for flood protection and once the flood is over any Sandbags that have been exposed to floodwater need to be thrown away. Care should be taken when handling wet sandbags; sturdy gloves should be worn as floodwater can contain chemicals, harmful waste and contaminates.Sandbags should not be reused if they have been in contact with floodwater. Contact your local Council for advice on how you can dispose of contaminated sandbags.
• Place down a layer of plastic sheeting to act as the water proofing membrane.
• Lay sandbags like brickwork on top of the plastic sheeting.
• Start at one end and work to the other end.
• Ensure the unfilled top part of the bag is covered by the next bag.
• Tuck flap under the bag at the end of the row.
• Stagger rows so that the joins do not line up.
TIP1: Flattening down the sandbag row before adding the next row will help you to build a better structure.
Our Sandbags are supplied on a pallet pre-filled for immediate flood defence and are held in stock and despatched on a two working days delivery service. The pallet will be left on your drive or roadside. Our Sandbags are available in standard sets of 20, 40 and 65 but for larger orders please call us directly.
White 750 denier woven polypropylene fabric
Approximate weight: 15kg (34lb)
Size: 34 x 75cm